Friday, December 21, 2007

Librarians' Choice: Best Books of 2007



Northwest Librarians have chosen their favorite books from 2007. Check out what they've been reading!


1. Dave Netz @ Sioux Center: After the Leaves Fall by Nicole Baart and
Winning the Future by Newt Gingrich.
2. Cheryl Hoekstra @ Alton: The Christmas Shoes by Donna VanLiere. It reminded me to appreciate all the small yet important things in my life.
3. Bonnie@ Northwest: John Paul the Great by Peggy Noonan. Really fascinating behind the scenes stories of his life. He's sure to be a saint someday!
4. Emily@ Denison: Animal, Vegetable Miracle: A Year of Food for Life by Barbara Kingsolver. It influenced the way I shopped for groceries, cook meats and think about food.
5. Jeannie Frerichs @ Akron: The Christmas Candle by Max Lucado. The best book I read seems to be the last one I just read!
6. Leann @ Primghar: Rescuing Sprite because it's an emotional read and inspires you to appreciate the pets you have and the small good things in life.
7. Misty Gray @ Storm Lake: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling.I loved it because I am a huge Harry Potter fan and my curiosity was quenced by the final installment!
8. Karen Kerns @ Rolfe: 19 Minutes by Jodi Picoult. Interesting!
9. Pat Bell @ Arthur: The Door Within series by Wayne Thomas Batson. There are 3 books in the series though they are written for young adults I liked them too.
10. Barb Jorgensen @ Schaller: Waiting for White Horses by Nathan Jorgensen. Such a great story line and lots of emotion and humor and compassion.
11. Janie @ Northwest: Splendid Solution by JEffrey Kluger. I knew someone who had polio and I had heard stories about how sick she was and this book really tells how bad it was!
12. Alvina Reitsma @ Sanborn: The Wednesday Letters by Jason F. Wright. I think it reminded me a lot of my folks how as they are growing older you can see the love between them grow and grow.
13. Chris @ Ringstead: Heat by Bill Buford. It is a true story about an amateur's apprentice to a chef in Tuscany. I was just in Italy and I want to go back!
14.Kristen @ Correctionville: Glorious Appearing by Tim LaHaye.
15. Nathan Clark @ Emmetsburg/Ruthven: Around the World in 80 Days by Jules Verne. I was surprised by how well it grabbed me and kept me going.
16. Mindy Swieter @ Rockwell City: any of Karen Kingsbury's books. She is my favorite author. She makes me cry and I love that! Also Lean Mean 13 by Janet Evanovich. She makes me laugh.
17. Tena Hansen @ Milford: The Secret of Lost Things by Sheridan Hay. Wow! What characters. Thsi book is just rich with the kind of pople we might call characters. It's a juicy trainwreck. You'll love it.
18. Erin Wolf @ Glidden: Babylon Rising series by Tim LaHaye. It's about biblical archeology and is almost a DaVinci Code type of story. I found it intriguing and quite accurate.
19. Connie V.E. @ Melvin: Any book by Karen Kingsbury. I love her books.
20. Sue K @ O.C. and NW: Blue like Jazz by Donald Miller. I was hooked by his description of living a Christian life, and of being who God intended.
21. Karla Chase @ Orange City: Deliver Us From Normal by Kate Klise. It was a fun quick read about middle school. Also Wednesday Wars by Gary Schmidt.
More to come! After all there are 115 libraries in NW. But you now have a new reading list to start 2008 with!

No comments: